Monday, January 21, 2013

Car Track, and Other Things We Do

Today I let my kids do something that I don't think many other parents would allow. It was a nice day, after a few cold and rainy weeks. The ground in our small strip of a backyard was still muddy, but I gave the boys some trucks and cups and spoons to have some old fashioned fun playing in the dirt. It actually was a lot better than I thought it would be. The only mess I'm left with is two pairs of very muddy shoes. Other than that, things stayed pretty clean. So for all those of you thinking of doing something as crazy as this, it may not be as bad as you expect! We plan on fixing up the backyard, but maybe I should leave a patch of earth for future digging adventures... you never know! On second thought, I'll probably just buy a sandbox!

On a different note, we spent one afternoon driving cars around the living room with this fun activity. The kids helped me make a track with masking tape, and they came up with lots of different things to add, like tunnels, traffic lights, and a parking lot. Notice the cool ramp going on to the couch!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...