Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parshas Noach: Rain and Rainbows

We've had a rainy week down here, both outdoors and in the house as well! For Parshas Noach and Chodesh Cheshvan I put together a lot of water related foods.



There are so many rainbow ideas floating around Pinterest and Facebook for Parshas Noach, and they're all beautiful. I chose to do something different for a cake, since we had all these other fun rainbow foods. (Honestly, I'm a little scared to try a rainbow cake. I'm just not ready for it yet, maybe one day!) These are what I call Puddle Cupcakes:

I know, I know, the animals aren't supposed to go in the water. But I just could not think of a way to make a teivah out of food, so this was the next choice. The kids helped me with these, and they got a real kick out of it.

BB Sr.'s "pair of giraffes" ("Pair means two, Mommy")


Now you're still wondering where the puddle is. Well....

It's hard to tell in the picture, but there are blue sprinkles in the white batter that make it look like raindrops splashing into a puddle. I also made blue jello with gummy fish, sorry no picture.

I will try to post what I make for the parshah each week. Keep checking!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...