Monday, September 3, 2012

Cottage Birthdays

Little Sister is 1! It was nice to share the celebration with the northern contingent of the family, and her secular birthday was celebrated with the other side of the family. We're starting to see that our pretty, precious, delicate, overprotected, oh-so-sweet little girl is turning into a regular one year old: smearing food all over herself, mischievously emptying out cabinets, destroying her brothers' lego creations... Baruch Hashem!

I made these beautiful cupcakes and I was quite proud of them actually. Simple but they really look nice. These were especially yummy because the frosting was made with real butter (mistake from the upsherin that I saved for this).  I can't wait for an excuse to make more cupcakes!




Here's another birthday cake I made for someone special's 50th birthday, albeit a little belated. The cake is red velvet, with cream cheese frosting, something I've always wanted to try. It didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to, but it was nice nonetheless and it tasted okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...